Brian Mueller: Welcome to Follow Me to the MROP, a podcast dedicated to the journey of the masculine soul and the transformative power of initiation. My name is Brian Mueller. I live in suburban Dayton, Ohio, and I made my rites at Pilgrim Park in Illinois in twenty fourteen. I'm your host, and in each episode of our show I'll sit down with one man who has made his rites, and I'll invite him to tell his story. This won't be an abstract explanation or a theological lecture, just a real conversation about what it was like to cross that threshold at the rites and what changed afterwards. This podcast is truly a labor of love, inspired by my own transformative experience at the men's rites of passage and my ongoing commitment to the Illuman Community. It's also informed by my work with Choosing Presence, where we believe that the greatest gift a man can give his community is his own presence. In a world of constant distraction Choosing Presence provides the tools to help you stay grounded in the now. If you'd like an easy way to begin learning about the practice of presence, you can download the free Practicing Presence app at choosingpresence dot org slash app. And if you'd like to support the show, I invite you to learn more about me and my work as a poet at BriansPoems dot com. Now the Men's Rites of Passage, or MROP, is an experience designed to help men move from the first half of life into the second. shifting from a focus on ego and achievement to a life of meaning and soul. On this show we just don't talk about the rites in theory, we talk to the men who have walked the path. Today I'm joined by a man who has made his rites, and we're going to hear exactly what that journey looked like for him. My guest today is Jay Gallamore. Brother, I'm really glad you're here. Thanks for making the time and for being willing to share your story. Yeah, thanks. Glad to be here. Jay, tell us where you're from and how you spend your time these days.
Jay Gallamore: Well, I'm originally from Indiana, but I traveled all over in my career, so I retired and I currently my feet touch the ground in Southern Maryland. Down in a small town called Lusby, near Solomon's Island, about an hour south of D.C. And I'm full-time retired from my career, but I stay involved in some volunteer work. So, this in Al-Anon, and there's a group of my Illuman Brothers, we have a subgroup of our local council, but we do bicycling together and my wife and I, you know, are like best friends, so a lot of stuff with her. But yeah, I'm it's what I do as a retired guy. I'm I'm busy.
Brian Mueller: Now let's dive in and talk about the men's rites of passage. The MROP is a unique experience. It's not a retreat or a workshop. It's an initiation. Many men arrive at the rites at a crossroads in their lives, looking for something they can't quite name. Before we dive into the wine the how, let's start at the very beginning. Jay, when and where did you make your rites?
Jay Gallamore: So I did my first rites at Shrine Mont, my MROP, in I believe it was 2024. I had been in Illuman about a year at that point.
Brian Mueller: And do you recall who the Weaver was and about how many men were at your rites?
Jay Gallamore: Yeah, the Weaver was Ned Abenroth. I want to say there was probably fifty something men, if not more, at you know, initiates not returning folks. There was probably sixty or seventy total. It seems there was a lot of people there.
Brian Mueller: Now, I want to invite you to think back to that weekend and see if you can tell us what's the first image or the first feeling that came forth for you?
Jay Gallamore: I'll back up a little bit from that. When I first came into Illuman, I was invited by a friend of mine. I was brand new in 2023, I believe it was. And I had only been to a few local councils and I heard about this gathering they had called Awaken. And I said, Hey, you know, is there a s you know, do you have to go through a set? Process and they're like, No. So I went to Awaken as a brand new guy. And you know that because you and I were roommates. I was very much out of my comfort zone just because there was a lot of stuff with the rituals that I wasn't used to: the drumming, the dancing, some of that. So I eventually, you know, I quickly thought about it, got over it, and by the end of it, really embraced it. So, here a year later, I kind of assumed there would be similar things. So, I wasn't nervous, but I remember when I showed up to the MROP. I pulled in. If you've been to Shrine Mont, they have the big building, but there's a parking lot. They kind of direct you back there. They took my luggage and I was like, well, this is interesting. And I parked, I came back, and I remember they kind of said, okay, they led you to the registration table, but they wanted you to be quiet. You get your ID and lanyard, then you start on a path. And it was just curious. I didn't, you know, I was trying to keep a totally open mind, but I just remember walking on the path. And everything at Shrine Mont's uphill. But I remember I was hiking up through the woods, and there's like, oh, there's a body, you know, and and you come up to different guys and they're doing different things like blessing you, saging you and stuff. But it it was a real nice transition from the everyday world, the outside world into kind of Silence and starting to get into the sacred space in the container. It was just a nice transition
Brian Mueller: Could you tell us a story from that weekend? Maybe you had an encounter with another man, or there was some event or some ritual that was especially poignant for you? Is there something that you won't mind sharing?
Jay Gallamore: Yes, I think well, like I said, I tried to keep as as they say beginner's mind. I really was open to all of this. But I'll tell you the one event that Immediately comes to mind was they called it the mirror gauntlet at the time. And I had a really good upbringing. My parents were together their whole lives. I don't have any father wounds that I'm aware of. I just had a really good upbringing. And so the mirror gauntlet was. It was very emotional for me. I had this realization that, wow, there are other men out here that have some childhood wounds that I. I never went through. And so it was shocking on one hand. It made me appreciative of my upbringing. Not that I didn't have some wounds later in life from other things, but it kind of shook me to my core to see some of these other men, both their openness to be vulnerable, what they were carrying and some of the things that they were there to address. That was an eye-opener for me.
Brian Mueller: Now you mentioned attending Awaken in 2023, I believe at the invitation of a friend. That certainly set you on a pathway, perhaps. What are the circumstances in your life that led you to the rites? What was happening at that time that said, yeah, for you, I need to register for this?
Jay Gallamore: Ten, eleven years earlier, my life was kind of unraveling My previous marriage, I it it was lasted a total of twenty nine years. My mother-in-law was at the end of her life and and my wife was was starting to circle back into addiction and alcoholism, and she was spending a lot of time trying to take care of her mom. I was coming to the end of my kind of second career And I didn't realize it at the time, but PTSD was jumping up and I went into a depression. You know, my wife and I split up and just all kinds of stuff on both of our lives unraveled. And I've always believed in God, but I count that as my beginning of my spiritual journey. So a year later, I got medical help and counseling and I started to recover. But when I came out of Started coming out of that period, that's when I kind of began my spiritual journey. I had converted to Catholicism, so you know, kept going to Al-Anon. Church was a big part of my life. And in there, I ended up getting divorced from my wife. And then subsequently, she passed away from her addiction. And I remarried eventually years later. So now, ten years after all that stuff, I always describe it as I was on this big wide road, which was my spiritual journey. And I was in a big old truck with pretty loose steering, so I'm doing a lot of weaving on this wide road. And when a friend of mine invited me to Illuman It just a lot of stuff seemed to click. I was familiar with Richard Rohr and some of his readings, especially Breathing Underwater. From his approach to the twelve steps, but I didn't know about this other stuff. So I always describe this as that was the point the road got narrower and the steering tightened up So I always count that at about 2023 when I started coming, that it just seemed like Illuman offered a lot of things that narrowed the path on my spiritual journey. So I hope that answers your question.
Brian Mueller: No, I really like how you described it there. Now you made the decision to register for the rites. Presumably, you told some of your friends, your family members, your wife, somebody, people in your community. What was their reaction?
Jay Gallamore: Yeah, for those that know him, I'm in the local council with John Ball. He was one of the founders. And so we have a pretty active, fairly large local council that we meet in person regularly. But so John and all my council brothers were very supportive. My wife, you know, trying to protect the anonymity of the councils, but yet tell her what's going on. And she she was supportive. She, you know, she likes She she likes what it does to me. So she was supportive. So, yeah, I had a lot of support. And then when I went back, of course, everybody wants to know how it was. You know, you talk about it in council and was able to describe some things to my wife. But I had a lot of support. I didn't have anybody. I don't know. It seems like everybody was familiar that I was in a Illuman. I had I had, you know, like my brother and some other friends that doesn't know about, you know, you kind of have to explain, but I'm just I'm in this men's group, etc. But yeah, it was good. I had a lot of support.
Brian Mueller: Oh, it's great to hear. Now, you made your rites at Shrine Mont in Orkney Springs, and I know that location because we've done the Awaken our annual gathering there twice. And like you said, everything is uphill there. It's on the side of a mountain. It's so beautiful in Virginia. But as you kind of rolled into the rites the day that you came, what was on your mind? What was on your heart? Was there something that you hoped to be initiated into?
Jay Gallamore: You know, no, I didn't have a specific thing. I was aware that I had a couple things that were still lingering from some PTSD and from my divorce and subsequent death of my former spouse. What really surprised me was, and I would encourage anybody that's going or considering to do as I did, which is show up with a very open mind, was I didn't appreciate till I was there how effective the rituals are. And I tell people, they're not a bunch of stuff that somebody just threw together and said, oh, let's hassle these guys. There's a lot of thought, as you know, and Ned did his graduate work on this. But it surprised me how the rituals would just evoke emotions. And sometimes, you know, I I've asked a couple of times, you know, what is the human capacity for tears and snot? Because you find You know, you get these things that come out, you cry, and you're in a good, safe place. But it's surprising sometimes what pops out and what comes to the surface within you. And I think I speak for almost anybody that's been through that. you know, from talking to him and everything. So, yeah, it just really draws things out. So I didn't have a specific thing, but it but I was a little surprised by some of the things that did end up boiling to the surface.
Brian Mueller: Were you carrying any fear with you as you headed into the rites?
Jay Gallamore: No, like I said, when I went to Awaken the previous year I was really out of my comfort zone, and I think I rode with another brother. I think if I had driven myself, I possibly would have left. And I had to sit there and think about, and you and I may have even talked about this, but I was like, why was I upset? You know, no one did anything to me, no one was forcing me to do anything. But I was just out of sorts. I wasn't used to the ritual. I think some of it was the dancing and the drumming. But on the other side, I came to this realization, and I still describe it today, that every single person I met Was the most genuine men I've ever been around. So, no, I I didn't really have any fear. I think I got over my being uncomfortable at Awaken. And once again, I just came into the MROP with an open mind and I had a really good experience as far as, you know, I didn't have anything I feared about it. I'm a retired military guy, so I've been through Initiations and hazing. And so, you know, if you're not going to hit me here or something like that, I'm fine
Brian Mueller: But the rites still are a significant commitment in terms of it's parts of five days, it's four nights. Once you kind of enter into the process, you really go and it you're going into that process with other men and you're asked to show up for your council or home group. You get through that experience. Presumably, you do a lot of internal work. You bond with other men. But then the closing ritual comes and it's time for you to leave and head home. How did you feel immediately as you drove away from Shrine Mont?
Jay Gallamore: You know, and it's been with the other things I've been involved with. My subsequent I went through the elders' rites, and then this year I helped with the elders' weave as a returning man. And even as a Even as coming back and supporting, I was physically and mentally exhausted. And like I said, I rode with another brother. He's an introvert. I am not. There was a lot of silence on the way home. He he was a returning man at that, but I had journaled But you never find enough time there to do all the journaling 'cause it seems like when it's time to go to bed, you need to go to bed. You're tired. But I think in the subsequent days, I did a lot of journaling of thoughts. And even here we are in 2026, I still go back and look at that journal and think about things, and I've made some minor adjustments. in my life and in my spiritual practices as I do after everything. So, yeah, leave it. I was this tired, but I was quiet and I was very contemplative.
Brian Mueller: Now, what has changed in your life since you made your first rites of passage? I'm thinking practically, relationally, even spiritually.
Jay Gallamore: Right before as I was coming out of that dark time of my life I made a decision at the end of my career, I was in a pretty technical field, and we did a lot of stuff by you know, we had to do a lot of risk management. So I used to joke that I think I'm a Three on the Enneagram and I'm an ESTJ in the Myers Briggs. So my joke is that it used to be if I took a nap on Saturday, I probably scheduled it and planned it on Thursday before. And I made a conscious decision to, at that point in my life, as I was transitioning, to do more things from my heart and not my head. Don't analyze the living crap out of everything I did. And that has served me really well. And then, more specifically, I made a lot of changes after the MRO. I I had a prayer practice, but I didn't really have a meditation practice. So I started working on I have I do it in the morning. I get up really early and I started incorporating meditation with my prayer life and then incorporating presence throughout the day. And I have some specific rituals. You know, I have my own singing bowl and candles in silence, so it's just the short answer is I developed some rituals and after each about every year, I kind of revisit those and make minor adjustments as I feel I want to.
Brian Mueller: Now I've realized from my own experience and involvement that the men's rites of passage really changed both the conversations I would have with other men and other people and also my relationships. So I want to ask you, is that true from your experience as well? And if so, how?
Jay Gallamore: So how did it change my relationships with men and other people?
Brian Mueller: Is that as well as your conversations, perhaps? Yeah.
Jay Gallamore: I have found in my religious life, I don't want to be one of these folks when someone sees me coming and going, Oh God, here comes Jay, and he's going to beat me over the head with religion. So I sometimes sneak it in. You know, I'm not ashamed to tell people, you know, I'm a Catholic and that I believe in God. But I think it's more important that I try to do things as how I live my life and not verbally preach so much. You know, obviously with my Illuman brothers, and I said we have a subset of us that ride bicycles together and everything. I mean, even when we're out in the woods mountain biking or on the trails, when we have breaks, I mean, a lot of times our talk Is pretty adjacent to Illuman and spiritual stuff. And I know with my wife, who's my closest friend, we both have a deep background in Al-Anon and the 12-step program. And I look at my Illuman stuff similar to Al-Anon is that, you know, now I'm kind of in a Service stage. I mean, yes, I'm still working on myself, but I feel like I'm in a good place. But we often talk about, you know, how you can serve others or be a blessing to others. And so. Yeah, and I frequently tell people I'm in this men's group and it's a spiritual group and, you know, trying to, especially with other men. And I've got it's not that I've been out like trying to Capture somebody, but I mean I've influenced a couple guys through casual conversations that were curious to come in, and now they're members of the group.
Brian Mueller: That's great. After you participated in a men's rites of passage, has this had any influence or changed your understanding of masculinity, initiation, even the male purpose in life?
Jay Gallamore: Yeah, it has. And it's funny, even today, I struggle a little bit if somebody verbally asks me to describe what a man is. I mean, I can give the biological definition or on all this stuff, but You know, I it to me, it's still more on just what kind of human being you are. And I happen to be male and a man, but you know, it's like being of service. Being a good person and try to be a blessing to others. But I do think about it a lot. And the other realization it gave me is I see A lot of men that, in my opinion, could really use this program. They're either struggling in life, they're struggling with wounds. you know, even my own kids and stepsons, I see some things from there, especially my stepsons growing up in an alcoholic family that You know, they're part of the young generation. We talk about there's a crisis in young men, and I see some of this stuff in them. So I talk about it. I'm pretty open about Illuman, but I don't try to be over the top with it and let them know. Maybe they're not in a phase of their life where they need it or think they need it now, but I've let them know it's available and if they're interested. So I'm always talking about it.
Brian Mueller: Yeah, I appreciate you bringing up younger men and maybe other generations. And you've certainly really jumped in with both feet, having done both the Men's rites of passage and the elder rites of passage, and then also serving at additional rites. That's a pathway I can appreciate and understand. My question is, what are some of the reasons that you think men avoid these rites of passage or resist doing them?
Jay Gallamore: It's funny. I've been reading some Robert Bly lately, and he has categories he puts people in. But I think to answer your question I have mixed feelings about the term toxic masculinity, but I think it's some men that have these stereotypical views of what it means to be a man. And it's like some men that are averse to getting counseling. It may show weakness. or they're afraid to be vulnerable in front of other men and so, you know, or they there's oh, you're some touchy feely group that goes out and hugs trees and beats drums in the woods. And I think that's at the essence of it. I think it's just a negative stereotype. But, you know, it's like I always talk about. I make parallels between. I talk a lot about Al-Anon and Illuman. It also strikes me that a lot of the men that are already there they've already recognized something and they took that step to get there. You see that in 12 step programs. You see this here. So once again, it's not we're an organization by invitation. But it's kind of just being open enough for that if men are interested to just say, Yeah, come check us out There's no pressure. No one makes you do anything. And a lot of men, if they're to that point where they recognize they need something, then they'll make that leap. And maybe it's uncomfortable, but a lot of them stay.
Brian Mueller: Now, as someone who's done both the men's rites of passage and the elder rites of passage, can I ask you to maybe compare and contrast those two events, especially for someone who's saying, I'm not sure, I'm maybe in my A second half of life or even third half of life. I'm not sure which rites. I haven't participated in one and I'd like to do one.
Jay Gallamore: I think there's similarities and differences as you know. You know, the Elders' Rites is a little more focused on the second half of life, and we just had the Elders' Weave, which is a co-educational event, and it's the only one we have. And no, we're not going to open up the rest of Illuman to women right now. So because some guys were adverse to that, but it was still very rich because it's not specifically on men, it's about that Second half of life, you have less days in front of you than you have behind you. It's facing death and diminishments of your body and mind, and how you're going to approach that. But there's also similarities. I would encourage anybody, though, regardless of how old you are or what stage of life you're in, to go through either one. I mean, the EROP, the Elders' Rites, are aimed Roughly at people at sixty and older, but it's not a hard and fast rule. If you're in that age group and you've not been through either one, there's no rules about which one you go to. But I think the men's rites more focused on You know, it's a rites of passage where they specifically focus on some things about Being men, identifying possibly some things that have wounded you, and drawing those out. And you also get this wonderful connection with all these other men. I mean, I have guys from all over the world that I still stay in touch with and see when I come to these events. That was a real rich part of it. But I also know other men that have been through just the elder rites and haven't been through a men's rites. And I think it served them equally well. So I would also encourage people that if you're considering it, contact somebody. Everybody I know is pretty open about it, and they'll talk about it.
Brian Mueller: But I I would encourage you to go through a rites, but to me, it doesn't matter which one you go through first. Yeah, and I would add that, you know, at my rites of passage, there was a couple of men in their twenties, but there was a man in my home group who was eighty nine years old at the time. And He seemed to get a whole lot out of that experience as well. So and let me ask you too, just in terms of the elder rites, my understanding, and I have not been to an elder rites of passage. but that as you get into those later stages of life, the spiritual journey for men and women seems to kind of merge a little bit back onto the same path in some respects. Is that true?
Jay Gallamore: I think so. Richard Rohr writes a lot, talks in his book, Falling Upward. You build your personal container and at some point you have a fall or more than one fall. It could be a death, a divorce. A severe illness with a child, something like that, that kind of makes you it kind of shakes you. And then you start seeking this, why am I here? What's my meaning? I think naturally, as a lot of us get older It's amazing. When I was at the Elder Rites this year, you know, they talk about the five hard truths, and one of those is you're going to die. And some people were actually like almost surprised to hear that. You know, it's like they either denied it or hadn't really thought about it. Not that we focus on it, but I think as you get older and you realize you know, you do have this certain wisdom and experiences. And, you know, a lot of us have been through either divorce, death, things like that. You know, I joke being in the military, I was around a lot of extreme workplace violence. So, you know, I dealt with that in my career. And so I think it brings a certain amount of wisdom and experience that you may not have In your twenties, thirties, forties, you know. So, yeah, it's different in that you come into an Elders' Rites with a little more life experience under your belt. But once again, they're both valuable to go through.
Brian Mueller: Slightly different focus, but there's a lot of similarities too. You become really deeply involved in just a short amount of time in Illuman and I want to make it clear to our listeners, not everybody that is within Illuman even goes to rites of passage. Some men just participate in councils or local events. Or some people go to the men's rites of passage and never get involved in a more deep way in leadership or anything like that. But you have become deeply involved. And I always think of this as community work. The more I've gotten into it, it's community organizing, but it's also very much an intentional community, meaning that we set forth an intention to be in community and to create community. But it requires a real expansiveness, at least personally in me, to remain in community, to lean into community. And to face those challenges of community. I'd like to hear what your perspective is as you become more and more involved and done more things within Illuman
Jay Gallamore: Yeah, I agree with everything you said. But one thing I'm still guilty of as a quote typical male, sometimes I gotta I jump in and try to do everything to the maximum. I did that a little bit with Illuman, and I had to back out a little bit. I have what I describe as three buckets of life. I have my family, I have my religion, and I have my volunteer work, and I got to keep those in balance. That doesn't mean equal time, and I can tell when something's out of bounds because I get unsettled. I jumped in and I took a role as a convener, a co-convener for the East Coast Collaborative in Illuman. And there was a lot of things going on, but I probably should not have accepted it. Now, some of the brothers that I love dearly, they're hard to say no to when they ask you. But I got in over my head in that I quickly got out of balance with the rest of my life, and I made a decision to back out of that early in the year so they'd have time to get a replacement. And I wouldn't wait till the end of the year where it would have disrupted the organization more. But I had to learn to keep that balance. So, a good lesson I've learned is I love being in community, and there's some guys That have a passion for this, where this has become their whole life, and it serves them well, and they serve it well. But this isn't the only thing I do in my life. It took that lesson for me to re-achieve that balance. So, uh, Yeah, I love being in community. I get a little out of sorts if I miss, like, I've traveled a lot this year. If I miss councils for a few weeks or something, I really miss it. I need to get back with the brothers. or even if it's just getting with a couple of them on a bicycle and things like that. And in our local council, we meet every other week. And on the weeks we don't meet in council, we meet for coffee. So there's always every week there's a meeting of the guys you know you can tap into. So I cherish those moments and I cherish that time being around them. But but at a macro level, I had to I had to balance my involvement. I got a I got a little bit ahead of myself there.
Brian Mueller: I want to ask, obviously, about your experience as a naval pilot and And being in the military, and as you know, there are men in Illuman that are veterans. I don't know what number or what proportion that is of the mem men in the community, but I think it's important to recognize that some men come from that background. And I just want to know if you have anything you can say about being a member of the military and then being part of Illuman and how those two things are compatible or sympatico.
Jay Gallamore: You know, I've had some talks with some folks, and as you know, there's a couple of things coming up. There's an event, I think, it's scheduled in December in Richmond, Virginia, that's going to be on a radical belonging, and it's probably going to be a little out of some folks' comfort zones. And I've had some conversations with folks surrounded with that And last year, a couple of the more national level folks were asking about military guys, first responders and stuff. And a lot of us have You know, a lot of that warrior energy. And that's not always, I think it's positive when it's balanced. But there's other guys that have totally different backgrounds. that some of that can be off putting. In fact, I think at Awakened this last year, this you know, that was the kind of the key subject. And there was a lot of guys that I understand were really, even though I thought it was handled well, were Put off by that. So I think, and I've said this, and I've communicated this to national leadership. I see some issues with the subject of radical belonging. To be perfectly frank, I think a lot of the demographic in Illuman leans left politically and it's off-putting sometimes to other folks to the point where they're like, I don't even want to be around this. I don't want to be included. And so it's almost like Radical belonging if you think like we do. That message was identified this year at the national gathering. I don't know everything that's being done behind the scenes, but You know, we need to talk about these things. And I had a really positive experience at the Elders Weave with some of the national leaders, and we did talk about them. And I felt like there was a little crack made in that subject. I think, frankly, there's a lot that could be done to make Illuman more attractive to first responders, police officers, military things like that. So it's been a mixed bag. I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin, and I think I can handle it, but there's other folks that are frankly off-put by it.
Brian Mueller: I hope that answers the question. No, I really appreciate your thoughts and your opinion and even your experience dealing with these topics and subjects. I really only have one more question for you, Jay, and that is, what's next? Where do you go from here on your spiritual journey?
Jay Gallamore: We've got on the East Coast Collaborative, we're scheduled to have a men's rites in September. I plan on returning to that as an initiated man and helping with the ritual team and anything else I can do. But I'll also You know, both at the Elders Weave last spring, and then at this, even though you come back, you've been through them, you have a program that you can go deeper. So I feel like I'm in a good place in my life. It's not like I have. I'm aware of a couple of things that still need to be addressed, but they're not negatively affecting my life so bad that I can't function. So I'm in a good place in my life I feel like I'm able to serve and bring some blessings to other men by continuing. And of course, this will always help me. But I'm in a really good place. So I want to continue, be open to what may happen. And yeah. But I'm in a good place. And I give I really, I really give a lot of credit, you know, just to Illuman, just the folks being there and the chances I've had to go through some of these things.
Brian Mueller: Jay, I want to thank you so much for your time and your vulnerability. I want to say again, thank you for being my roommate at Awaken twenty-twenty three. We had some good conversations. I'm glad I didn't say anything to discourage your involvement with Illuman at that time.
Jay Gallamore: Oh, no, no, no. And no, brother, this is this is good, and I always enjoy seeing you. And Thanks for asking me to do this.
Brian Mueller: Oh, absolutely. And I want to say I love you and I really urge you forward and thank you for your commitment to this working community. All right, love you too, brother. For those listening who are now feeling a tug in their own soul and are curious to learn more, allow me to share a bit about the history of these rites. The Men's Rites of Passage was originally developed by Father Richard Rohr, and was first offered at Ghost Ranch, New Mexico, in nineteen ninety six. While it was supported for many years by the Center for Action and Contemplation, since twenty twelve a Illuman has been the steward of this work. Preserving and adapting the rites for men all over the world. To learn more about the history and the theology behind this work, I highly recommend reading Adam's Return by Richard Rohr. If you are ready to make your rites, you can find details and registration information at Illuman dot org. Slash MROP or Illuman dot org slash events. Finally, if you enjoyed this podcast, don't forget to share it with a friend. You can find all our episodes and subscribe in your favorite podcast app at mroptalk dot com, and you can visit me at BriansPoems dot com or BrianMueller dot com. Thank you for listening to follow me to the MROP. Until next time, brothers, stay present.